About Mining Wear Parts
Mining Wear Parts (MWP) was established in 2016 to supply quality parts and service to the mining, quarrying and recycling industries. MWP has facilities and warehouse access at numerous sites across Queensland, Western Australia and New South Wales. MWP stock high-quality aftermarket replacement wear parts such as manganese steel wear liners, internal crusher mechanical and wearing components, slurry and dredging pump wear parts, bi-metal wear blocks, rock drilling consumables and mill liners.
MWP are continuing to expand nationally and are inviting experienced professionals to join the teams in Perth and Brisbane. MWP is a subsidiary of Mineral Resources Limited (MRL). With the support of parent MRL, MWP are positioned to continue growing in the market and the right candidates have the opportunity to grow within the company.
About Mineral Resources Limited
As an ASX100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian leader delivering innovative and sustainable diversified mining solutions, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results. Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Mechanical Drafter – Bibra Lake
To support our continued growth into 2021, we are looking for an experienced Draftsperson to join our Bibra Lake office.
About the role
To support our continued growth into 2021, our Mining Wear Parts business is looking for an experienced Draftsperson to join their Bibra Lake office.
Reporting to our Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility will be supporting the business by
• providing technical drawings.
• Operation of the lasted in 3D scanning technology and interpreting the data into drawings
• Being part of the team designing solutions to meet the needs and expectations of our customers
• Inspecting and checking parts to technical drawings
What we’re after
• Visit Customer sites to 3D scan and measure wear parts to develop manufacturing drawings
• Assisting in drawing control, latest revision, numbering system, and entering drawings into the MWP filing system
• Provides a focal point for all technical based queries, including assisting in the control of all MWP intellectual property
• Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
• Formal qualifications in Drafting, Engineering, or a Trade Qualification is essential
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Fixed Plant Crushing, Screening and Process Plants, with an additional understanding of installation and maintenance
• 3+ years’ experience in a drafting role within a mining (crushing) or engineering organisation
• Demonstrated experience and the ability to utilise software including Auto Cad, Inventor, Polyworks.
• Ability to remain dynamic and agile, and work in a fast-paced work environment
What we offer
Not only do we offer diversity in your role but we also offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Career development opportunities
• A supportive and inclusive environment
16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
To apply, please send your email and cover letter to Marketing@miningwearparts.com.au